[Reprozip-users] Fwd: Reprozip Project

Rémi Rampin remi.rampin at nyu.edu
Mon Oct 30 16:11:11 EDT 2017

> I have a question about creating the provenance graph in reprozip project.
>
> How can I do the opposite action of the flag "--regex-filter" in command
> line options. I mean just keeping some files (given the regular
> expressions) and filtering all the other files. I think I have to change
> some piece of codes in graph.py which I attached as a figure here.

Hi Ali,

Indeed, there is only an option to filter files, meaning that files that
*don't* match the regex will be shown.

You can do what you ask by negating the regex (using Python syntax, eg instead
of --regex-filter '\.txt$' do --regex-filter '^(?<!\.txt)$'). You'll have
to anchor them so I suppose this is a bit complicated. I can add the option
you describe (only include files matching a regex).

I will add this option to ReproZip, so it will be in the next version that
we'll release, but it might take some time before that is available in
Ubuntu.

To patch your system installation of ReproZip, you'd have to edit
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/reprounzip/unpackers/graph.py. Otherwise,
you can install the software from source using python setup.py install
--user or use a virtualenv <https://virtualenv.pypa.io/>.

Let me know if you have further questions in the meantime
--
Rémi Rampin
ReproZip Developer