[Reprozip-users] Reprozip vs CDE?

Jonas Wagner jonas.wagner at epfl.ch
Wed Oct 26 10:33:22 EDT 2016

Hello,

First of all, thank you for building Reprozip. A friend told me about the
tool recently. It looks very interesting.

I was curious how Reprozip compares with CDE by Philip Guo. From what I
understand, both tools aim to solve the dependency hell problem, and both
use system call interposition to capture a set of files that the
application depends on.

On the other hand, CDE comes from a time when Docker was not invented yet.
This is at least one major difference I spotted... how does Reprozip use
Docker?

What other differences are there between these tools?

Best,
Jonas