[Reprozip-users] About Reprozip

Rémi Rampin remi.rampin at nyu.edu
Sun Mar 13 14:09:20 EDT 2016

> Thanks a lot. I've found that the problem may be the django's version
> because I succeeded in vagrant run after using django 1.9.
>
> However, a new problem is that I can't access the server in VM even though
> I change the forwarding ports.
>
> Shall I use the VM's IP to visit and how can I get the IP when my django
> project is running on localhost.
>
> And I attached my package rpz file. Can you help me to check if it's right
> by reprounzip it? It's just a empty django server.

Hi Ruochen,

It looks like this packaged correctly, however two things:

   - First a Django issue: you need to use `python manage.py runserver
   0.0.0.0:8000`. Django defaults to only accepting connections from
   localhost, so you wouldn't be able to connect from outside the VM
   - You need to connect to the server at least once while it is tracing,
   since Django loads some components lazily when they are first needed. What
   I see now is this: "ImportError: No module named security"; since they
   were never needed, the middlewares were not packed so re-running it on the
   VM fails.

Other than that, forwarding the port 8000 in VirtualBox was enough for me
to connect.

Thanks for bearing with us!
--
Rémi Rampin