[Reprozip-users] About Reprozip

Rémi Rampin remi.rampin at nyu.edu
Tue Mar 8 11:54:33 EST 2016

> It seems my former conclusion is not true because I found a complete
> django package under the experimentroot folder including runserver command.
> And I also checked the path variable of python and all things are good.
> After that, I tried run the project directly in vagrant VM and the error
> changed to "ImportError: No module named django.core.management". I also
> googled for it and the common explanation is that I need to active
> Vitualenv.

Hi,

This is indeed correct, you need the correct environment variables to be
set. If you use `reprounzip vagrant run myproject`, those will be set for
you and the project should run fine.

If you are logging in to the VM using `vagrant ssh` and then want to run
manually, you will need to set the environment variables manually. The
normal way to activate the virtualenv, with the "bin/activate" script, will
probably not work since ReproZip probably didn't pack the "bin/activate"
script (it doesn't need it). You could of course add the whole virtualenv
directory so that you can run management commands and the like (see here
<http://reprozip.readthedocs.org/en/1.0.x/packing.html#packing-config-patterns>
).

> BTW, after I using "reprozip trace python manage.py runserver 0.0.0.0:8000",
> I used CONTROL C to shut down the server directly. I guess if it's the
> reason of my error?

This is fine, it's the way I did it too ;) If you press Ctrl-C twice in
less than 3 seconds, ReproZip will kill the process and abort, else it just
sends it to the program and lets it terminate.

Best
--
Rémi Rampin
ReproZip Developer